Dolphin schools show in the Straits of Florida off the Keys in late March and April, increasing to peak abundance during late May, June or July.
Off the Carolinas, Dolphins typically reach their greatest numbers from May to June. Top fishing occurs in the Mid-Atlantic Bight from late July to early September.
Weather conditions of all types affect fish behavior. From dreaded cold fronts and soaring barometric pressure to a walleye chop, light rain, or leaden skies, Mother Nature plays a hand in our favorite pursuit.
Thankfully, if you don't like the fishing weather conditions you've been dealt for the day, you typically don't have to wait long until everything changes.
Light rain is good for fishing, as the rain helps you hide from the fish. It also washes bait and other insects into the water. Fish feed a lot more in such conditions. On the other hand, very heavy rain is not good for fishing. This is because fish will find it increasingly difficult to see the bait. The water's current can affect them, too, making them move very slowly.
The new Spring/Summer collection of Hook & Tackle apparel is now available at Dunham's Sporting Goods. Get you Sun Protection gear on!
Here are Hook & Tackle's top picks for the best BASS fishing in the United States.
1. Lake Guntersville in Alabama is located in North Alabama between Bridgeport and Guntersville. Alabama's largest lake contains 69,000 acres and stretches 75 miles.
2. Lake Okeechobee in Florida is over 730 square miles of the best fishing in the USA. Florida is know as the Fishing Capital in the World.
3. Lake Fork in Texas one of the best lakes for Large Mouth Bass. Lake Forth covers over 43 miles. Like they say everything is big in Texas!
4. Chickamauga Lake in Tennessee with a total length of 810 miles and offers some of the largest striped and largemouth bass. The state record to thsi date is 15.3 pounds.
5. Lake Erie in Pennsylvania offers an abundance of smallmouth bass in the Lake, yet many largemouth are found on the bayside, Anglers catch over 1 million fish per year out of this lake! WowA!
The city of Miami Beach will be hosting the 2022 Miami International Boat Show. Save the dates February 17-22, 2022
They are teaming up with the Miami Yacht Show and Superyacht Miami, creating the first joint production of South Florida’s preeminent winter boat shows.
The Miami Beach convention center was under major renovations for over 4 years making the show make a move to Key Biscayne. With the renovations completed, the show will be featured in an new state of the art 21st Century convention center with more space and room .
Hook & Tackle has been a major supplier for over 30 years and look forward to being back!