Here are Hook & Tackle's top picks for the best BASS fishing in the United States.
1. Lake Guntersville in Alabama is located in North Alabama between Bridgeport and Guntersville. Alabama's largest lake contains 69,000 acres and stretches 75 miles.
2. Lake Okeechobee in Florida is over 730 square miles of the best fishing in the USA. Florida is know as the Fishing Capital in the World.
3. Lake Fork in Texas one of the best lakes for Large Mouth Bass. Lake Forth covers over 43 miles. Like they say everything is big in Texas!
4. Chickamauga Lake in Tennessee with a total length of 810 miles and offers some of the largest striped and largemouth bass. The state record to thsi date is 15.3 pounds.
5. Lake Erie in Pennsylvania offers an abundance of smallmouth bass in the Lake, yet many largemouth are found on the bayside, Anglers catch over 1 million fish per year out of this lake! WowA!
The city of Miami Beach will be hosting the 2022 Miami International Boat Show. Save the dates February 17-22, 2022
They are teaming up with the Miami Yacht Show and Superyacht Miami, creating the first joint production of South Florida’s preeminent winter boat shows.
The Miami Beach convention center was under major renovations for over 4 years making the show make a move to Key Biscayne. With the renovations completed, the show will be featured in an new state of the art 21st Century convention center with more space and room .
Hook & Tackle has been a major supplier for over 30 years and look forward to being back!
Catch and release is a practice within recreational fishing intended as a technique of conservation. After capture, the fish are unhooked and returned to the water. Often, a fast measurement and weighing of the fish, followed by photography of the catch is worthwhile
From Anglers Unlimited, Upon releasing a fish, most anglers figure that if it swims away, it’s just fine and will survive. Unfortunately, this isn’t necessarily true. In studies on hooking mortality, biologists hold fish for observation, usually for a number of days. What they’ve found is that a fish which appears all right at the time of release may have suffered trauma, injury from the hook or damage from handling, which leads to death later on. That the fish swims away under its own power doesn’t assure its survival.
Central Minnesota is home to Millie Lacs Lake where angler Benjamin Knuston caught and released 2 monster-sized Muskies with in an hour.
The Muskie is one of the longest and fattest measuring at 56.5"
The lake is located 80 miles north of Minneapolis and and is about 40' deep. it is the second largest inland lake in the state.
What makes for a great sports fisherman is that catch and release!
Per the ASA (American Sportfishing Association) Outdoor recreation has a huge impact on our nation’s economy with fishing/boating holding the number one spot in outdoor recreation activities.
The new Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) report calculates the economic output of outdoor recreation to be $788 billion, generating 5.2 million jobs in communities across the U.S. Boating/fishing was the largest conventional activity for the nation as a whole at $23.6 billion in value added.